Интернет газета

ЗАХОДИТЕ, ПОКУПАЙТЕ, ПРОДАВАЙТЕ
Домены
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 15:31

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: We just didn’t play very good. So, there’s a difference
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2020, 09:18 

Another second half lead and another tick in the loss column for the 49ers. After the game Earl Mitchell Jersey White , head coach Kyle Shanahan didn’t mince his words at all when asked about the late-game collapse, adding “There was a number of plays, extremely disappointed. Thought we put ourselves in a position to win the game...I thought we had a chance to step on their throats and didn’t.”The 49ers’ youth and lack of a pass rush continues to show up late in games when they try to protect a lead. There are a few defensive breakdowns or penalties, combined with too much time in the pocket for opposing quarterbacks. On New York’s final drive, Giants’ quarterback Eli Manning was 7-of-10, aided by two huge defensive penalties from corner Ahkello Witherspoon and linebacker Malcolm Smith that kept the drive going. Nine plays, 75 yards later, the Giants have taken the lead and now the 49ers are in a near-impossible situation given who their quarterback is.Flipping that around, I thought San Francisco’s offense played decently, given that they were down wideout Pierre Gar莽on before the game. Breakout quarterback Nick Mullens finished 27-of-39 for 250 yards, with one touchdown and two interceptions.How did the 49ers measure up to the pre-game keys that were laid out?1. Slow down the Giants’ superstars Womens Jaquiski Tartt Jersey , RB Saquon Barkley and WR Odell Beckham JrI expected the 49ers to cover one of these guys particularly well, while the other would run wild all over Robert Saleh’s defense. Except, the exact opposite happened. The 49ers’ defense did a particularly effective job defending running back Saquon Barkley, but dropped the ball against superstar wideout Odell Beckham Jr — on the two most important plays of the game.First up — Barkley. The former Penn State running back carried the ball 20 times, yet it was for only 67 yards (3.3 YPA). On numerous occasions, Barkley would be stuck dancing in the backfield with nowhere to go. If you take out his longest run of 18 yards, the average drops to 2.6 YPA. He tacked on four catches for 33 yards, but considering his multiple double-digit reception games in the past, the 49ers did well against the rookie.On the other hand, San Francisco’s defense seemed to let Beckham Jr. run “buck naked” — as corner Richard Sherman likes to say — against the defense. On both of his touchdown receptions, there were busts in coverage that allowed for an easy 12 points for the Giants.On the first touchdown catch Richard Sherman Jersey , three 49ers’ defenders were in the area, but the ex-LSU star snuck behind them for a wide-open — I mean, the next defender wasn’t in the same zip code wide-open — touchdown. In the ensuing touchdown, Witherspoon expected help from the free safety, but Beckham Jr. was too busy celebrating his touchdown by that time already. Outside of those two plays, the 49ers’ defensive backs and linebacker Fred Warner did a decent job of keeping Beckham Jr. in check.2. QB Nick Mullens continues his “Mullens’ Magic” from last weekThis was going to be the real question heading into Monday night — can Mullens keep up his play from last Thursday. The answer was a resounding confirmation. Mullens certainly continued his magical play against the Giants — who played much better defense than the Raiders did last week. I’m sure there were a few plays that Mullens would like to have back, but for the most part, it seemed like he did what he could. His first interception raises questions about arm strength, but the second interception was due to a dropped pass.On the final drive of the game, Mullens was able to move the ball 54 yards in 53 seconds, before throwing it out of the end zone in the final play to win the game and I’m sure he had a lot of Giants’ fans on the edge of their seats.For the rest of the season Adrian Colbert Jersey White , opposing defenses are going to force Mullens to throw the ball outside of the numbers and really test his arm strength and timing with his wide receivers. Aside from that, Mullens has continually showed poise in the pocket and the ability to make the correct pre-snap reads. It’ll be tougher against better defenses, but I expect more from Mullens than I did from backup C.J. Beathard the last few weeks.3. DC Robert Saleh should turn the pass rushers loose against the Giants’ OLComing into the game, Manning was sacked 31 times by opposing defenses and it’s been a poor theme for the Giants’ offensive line all year long. Looking at a lot of his sacks before the Monday night matchup, it seemed to be partially due to Manning’s immobility, as well as an offensive lineman’s mistake. I fully expected Saleh to turn the pass rushers loose and make Manning feel the pressure in the pocket. This was a case of: “Are the 49ers’ rushers that bad or the Giants’ OL that good?” — because San Francisco finished the game with only one sack for an eight-yard loss. Coming into the game, the Giants were giving up nearly four sacks per game, so I expected at least that for a young 49ers’ defense. Yet, a combination of poor coverage in the backend and no top-flight pass rusher continues to hurt the defense — especially in late-game situations. It was a particularly bad sign that the 49ers’ could not generate more sacks against a team that gifts them away on a weekly basis. SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Long before Nick Mullens took the field as an NFL quarterback, he prepared for the moment he’d play in a loud road stadium by downloading crowd noise and blaring it on his headphones as he practiced calling out plays in his apartment.That preparation will be put to the test this week when Mullens makes his second career road start for the San Francisco 49ers at Seattle in front of the loudest road crowd in the league.“I’ve played in a lot of the most prominent stadiums in the country as far as college football goes Malcolm Smith Jersey White ,” said Mullens, who pointed to games in college at Nebraska, Alabama and LSU as the most challenging crowds he’s faced.“Obviously, it has the reputation that it has in CenturyLink, and it’s going to be cool to play there.”Mullens’ first road start for the 49ers (2-9) wasn’t a successful one. He went 18 for 32 for 221 yards with one touchdown, two interceptions and four sacks in a 27-9 loss to Tampa Bay last week. There were a handful of issues with hearing the play call from coach Kyle Shanahan in his helmet headset and Mullens had to rush to the sideline once to get the play and burn two timeouts on other occasions.Mullens had his lowest marks in yardage, completion percentage and passer rating out of his three career starts as the Niners struggled to get much of anything going against a defense that has been the worst in the league at defending against the pass.“It was very frustrating,” Mullens said. “We just never got on a rhythm. But, you watch the film and you see where you can improve and that’s why we’re so excited about this week.”Mullens had a record-setting debut against Oakland when he joined Hall of Famers Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton as the only players with at least 250 yards passing, three touchdown passes and no interceptions in their first career game. He also had the most efficient debut since the merger for a player with at least 20 attempts, posting a 151.9 rating in the 34-3 win.He followed that up by throwing four interceptions and two touchdowns in losses to the Giants and Tampa Bay and now must face a much more difficult defense and a more challenging environment in Seattle.“I think Nick handles pressure pretty well Jimmie Ward Jersey White ,” Shanahan said. “He handled it well in Tampa. We just didn’t play very good. So, there’s a difference in that. Nick’s been the same guy since he’s been here. I don’t think he’s going to freak out just because it’s loud. Whether you do good or bad doesn’t mean that you freaked out or you were poised. It’s harder. It’ll be more of a challenge. We’ll practice all week at it. The better he plays, the better we play around him, the easier the challenge will be.”NOTES: WR Marquise Goodwin remains away from the team to tend to an undisclosed personal matter. … C Weston Richburg (knee) and T Joe Staley (veteran) also missed practice, while DB D.J. Reed (foot) will miss the game this week.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа