Интернет газета

ЗАХОДИТЕ, ПОКУПАЙТЕ, ПРОДАВАЙТЕ
Домены
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 11:26

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: nson put an awful first half behi
СообщениеДобавлено: 28 фев 2019, 10:35 

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Nick Johnson put an awful first half behind him and came up big for Arizona in the final 2:45. The Pac-12 player of the year scored all of his 15 points over that span after missing his first 10 shots, and helped Arizona hold off San Diego State 70-64 on Thursday night to reach the final eight of the NCAA tournament. "When I hit one shot it just started to feel a little bit better," he said. "I just kept on hitting shots." Mostly, Johnson hit free throws, making all 10 of his attempts to go with a field goal and a 3-pointer after the Aztecs shut him down for the first 37 minutes. "He just exploded in the second half," said San Diego States Dwayne Polee, who guarded Johnson. "I cant say that we didnt play hard defence, but he just made a lot of good shots." Aaron Gordon and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson scored 15 points each for the top-seeded Wildcats (33-4), who will try to win a West Regional final for the first time in Anaheim. Theyre 0-3 at Honda Center going into Saturdays game against second-seeded Wisconsin (29-7). Arizona coach Sean Miller joined his brother Archie in the final eight. The younger Miller coached Dayton to an 82-72 victory over Stanford of the Pac-12 in the South Regional semifinals. "We watched the game in our locker room," Miller said. "The fact that two of us are in the Elite Eight is a very unique situation, but well see." Xavier Thames scored 25 points and Dwayne Polee added 13 points for the Aztecs (31-5). Those two tried to bail out SDSU in the final minute, each hitting 3-pointers before Thames basket cut the deficit to 65-61 with 38 seconds left. The drama wasnt over yet in a game featuring tenacious defence and rabid intensity by both teams. SDSU got called for a 10-second violation, and the Wildcats regained the ball. Johnson got fouled and made both for a 67-61 lead with 26 seconds to go. Thames got fouled on a 3-point attempt, and he sank all three shots to leave SDSU trailing 67-64. The Aztecs had Johnson trapped near their bench, but he passed out of the double team and Gabe York got fouled at the other end. He missed the first and made the second, keeping Arizona ahead 68-64. Thames missed, and Johnson went to the line again where he ended the scoring with two free throws. San Diego State led by eight points early in the second half after leading by that many just before halftime. The Aztecs controlled the boards 37-29, with three of them often battling at once on the defensive end. Josh Davis had 14 rebounds for SDSU. The Aztecs were trying to reach the final eight for the first time in school history under 69-year-old coach Steve Fisher. "One of these days were going to get to a Final Four," Fisher said. Johnsons 2 of 12 shooting wasnt the Wildcats only problem. Kaleb Tarczewski returned late in the game with four fouls and Hollis-Jefferson fouled out with 4:42 to play. But Johnson made his first basket a couple minutes later and carried the Wildcats across the finish line after they trailed much of the second half. "Its amazing for a kid to be able to do that after not making shots for about 25, 30 straight minutes," Miller said. T.J. McConnells layup gave Arizona its first lead, 50-49, of the second half after the Wildcats got within one three times. SDSU answered with baskets the first two times, but couldnt stop McConnell, who finished with 11 points. The Wildcats started getting some of the offensive rebounds that eluded them much of the game, and Tarczewski scored after his teammates grabbed two on the same possession to keep Arizona ahead 54-51. Polees defence helped keep Johnson scoreless in the first half, when he went 0 for 7 and missed all three of his 3-point attempts. He finally hit a jumper at the buzzer, but typical of Arizonas early luck, it was ruled no good. Tarczewski picked up his third foul with 5:13 to go, leaving the Wildcats without their 7-footer to protect the basket. Cheap Air Max China . It was a day that saw England slump off a World Cup field once again battered and bruised. This time there was no red card to wonder about, no goalkeeping error or individual mistake. They were thoroughly beaten by something they have nothing of – genuine world class ability. Cheap Air Max Wholesale .C. -- Eric Staal kept his focus after his apparent breakaway goal was waived off early in the third period. http://www.cheapairmaxfromchina.us/. Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. Cheap Air Max Free Shipping . - All-Pro quarterback Aaron Rodgers looked spry enough in pregame warmups Sunday for Green Bays divisional playoff game against Dallas. Discount Air Max Shoes . Fielder has been out with a herniated disk in his neck, and surgery was recommended after a follow-up exam and another scan Thursday with Dr.The Toronto Blue Jays will turn to righty Dustin McGowan tonight against Corey Kluber and the Cleveland Indians. McGowan has won his last two decisions and is 2-1 on the year with a 4.63 ERA. He did not get a decision his last time out, though, despite a decent effort against the Los Angeles Angels that saw him allow two runs in five innings of his teams 4-3 loss. "I got through it," McGowan said. "But I didnt have my slider, so luckily the changeup got me through. It was one of those games where you give it everything you can and see what happens." McGowan has never beaten the Indians, going 0-2 with an 11.05 ERA in four games (3 starts). Cleveland right-hander Kluber lost to the Blue Jays back on April 6. Since then, though, hes been one of the best pitchers in baseball. Kluber looks for another strong start on tonight as the Indians continue a three-game set with the Blue Jays. Since surrendering five runs in 6 2/3 innings in that loss to the Blue Jays, Kluber has gone 2-1 with a 1.91 ERA and 38 strikeouts in four starts since. He defeated the Tampa Bay Rays on Friday, as he limited them to a pair of runs and nine hits in 6 2/3 innings to run his record to 3-3, while lowering his ERA to 3.48. "Ive felt good out there recently, so I was trying to not really change anything," Kluber said. "Just go out there and continue to pound the strike zone and attack guys.dddddddddddd." Cleveland lost for the ninth time in 11 road tries on Tuesday, as Juan Francisco homered and had two RBI to help Toronto to a 5-4 win. Adam Lind also knocked in two and Melky Cabrera added the other RBI for the Blue Jays, who have won two straight. Toronto starter R.A. Dickey (4-3) scattered four hits over six-plus innings, allowing four runs -- two earned -- with six strikeouts. Casey Janssen pitched a scoreless ninth to earn his first save of the season. "The good news is I feel like Im pounding the zone and pitching to contact," said Dickey. "I had a great knuckleball, but I am not making it easy on myself or my team in the later innings." The Blue Jays have homered in 17 of their 19 home games this season. Nick Swisher drove in a pair for Cleveland, which saw starter Justin Masterson (2-2) take the loss after surrendering five runs on six hits over 5 1/3 innings. "First time through the order went really well," said Indians manager Terry Francona of Masterson. "He got a couple balls up that they stayed on pretty well. We just couldnt get one big hit." Cleveland had won five of six overall entering this series. Toronto took two of three from the Tribe earlier in the year. ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа