Интернет газета

ЗАХОДИТЕ, ПОКУПАЙТЕ, ПРОДАВАЙТЕ
Домены
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 15:28

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: early constant turnover wit
СообщениеДобавлено: 08 окт 2018, 08:49 

HUMBLE, Texas -- Matt Jones told his caddy he was about to make a 42-yard chip-in on the first playoff hole at the Houston Open. The Australian did just that on Sunday, earning his first PGA Tour win in spectacular fashion -- and changing his immediate travel plans in the process. Jones, who began the day six shots off the lead, shot a final-round 66 and ended the tournament 15 under to earn his first trip to the Masters with the dramatic win over Matt Kuchar. He earned nearly $1.2 million for the win, also making amends for a disastrous missed putt last September that appeared destined to keep him from playing at Augusta National. Destiny, however, had other plans for the 33-year-old who played collegiately at Arizona State. "Going to Augusta is amazing," Jones said. "The win means everything to me right now because thats what we play for is to win. To have Augusta as a reward for that win is amazing." In September, Jones lipped out an 8-foot birdie putt on the last hole of the BMW Championship -- a putt that would have earned him a trip to next weeks Masters by sending him to the Tour Championship. Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., was the top Canadian. He shot a final round of 2-under 70 to finish the tournament tied for 19th at 5 under. Calgarys Stephen Ames was the only other Canadian to make the cut. He shot 4-over 76 Sunday and finished tied for 74th. After briefly tying Kuchar in the middle of the round on Sunday, Jones chances at redemption for last year appeared finished after he bogeyed the next-to-last hole in regulation. The setback left Jones at 14 under, two shots back of Kuchar. However, Jones -- in the first of his two memorable moments on the 18th -- rolled in a 46-foot putt for birdie. That pulled the Australian within one shot of Kuchar, who was watching his closest challenger from the tee. "I was going to three-putt before I left it short," Jones said. "I didnt care about finishing second or third or fourth; it didnt matter. I was only trying to get the win." Kuchar went on to bogey the final hole of regulation after sending his second shot into the water. That set the stage for the playoff in the soggy conditions at the Golf Club of Houston. Jones sent his tee shot on the first hole of the playoff into the right fairway bunker. He then landed just short of the greenside bunker with his second shot, while Kuchar found the bunker from the fairway. It was the second straight miss of the 18th green from the fairway for Kuchar, who sent his fairway metal on the 72nd hole into the water before recovering to make bogey and reach the playoff. Jones didnt leave Kuchar any room for error in the playoff, sending his chip over the greenside bunker and watching as it rolled in -- causing a roar from the gallery and leaving Jones standing with his arm raised in celebration. "I walked up there and told my caddy I was going to chip it in," Jones said. "... You dont know if its going to lip out, low or high, but when I saw it disappear its probably the happiest Ive been on the golf course." Jones is the second straight Australian to win on the PGA Tour, following Steven Bowditchs win at the Texas Open last week. It was in San Antonio that Kuchar struggled to a final-round 75 while playing in the final pairing with Bowditch. The American began Sunday with a four-shot lead over Sergio Garcia and Cameron Tringale, but he bogeyed the first hole on his way to a disappointing even-par 72 and bitter ending. Kuchar had a chance to match Jones chip-in, but his bunker shot came up short. "Certainly fantastic stuff (by Jones) to birdie 18 twice," Kuchar said. "Thats probably the hardest hole on the golf course, and for him to put two 3s is pretty impressive stuff." Golfers were sent off in threesomes early Sunday morning for the second day in a row because of the threat of strong storms in the Houston area. The rain, heavy at times, began early during the final pairings round, but the pros finished without any delays. The playoff opening was all that was need for Jones, whose previous best finish on the PGA Tour was a tie for second at last years Greenbrier Classic. It also resulted in an unexpected visit to next weeks Masters, a tournament Jones said he wouldnt visit unless he earned his way there. "I was going home to play with my 2-year-old and 3-week-old," Jones said. "So, bit of a change now that I think theyll be on a plane to Augusta as well. Weve got to find a house." Garcia finished in third at 13 under, while Tringale was fourth at 12 under. Rory McIlroy matched the low round of the tournament with a 7-under 65 on Sunday, finishing tied for seventh at 8 under overall. Phil Mickelson, who won the tournament in 2011, was 1 under on Sunday and finished 7 under overall in a tie for 12th -- a week after he was forced to withdraw from the Texas Open because of a muscle pull in his right side. Chukwuma Okorafor Steelers Jersey . After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. James Washington Steelers Jersey . Will Venable and Ryan Ludwick drove in a run each for the Padres, who have taken six of their last seven contests and clinched their third straight series win after winning the first two in this set. Clayton Richard (4-9) allowed five hits and a pair of runs over seven innings, while fanning five. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Stee ... en-Jersey/. LOUIS - Two-thirds of the St. Sean Davis Jersey . - After spending the morning in the hospital, Logan Couture gave the San Jose Sharks the spark they needed. Terrell Edmunds Jersey . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St.CLEVELAND -- This week, everyone gets to watch Johnny play football. The Browns have relaxed their media limitations to see rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel practice. Manziel, who will compete with Brian Hoyer for Clevelands starting job, will take part in the clubs three-day organized team activities, which began Tuesday. The Browns are allowing national media to cover the workout after limiting access for their rookie minicamp last week to only local reporters and photographers. First-year Browns coach Mike Pettine only permitted access for 15 minutes of practice on Saturday. Manziel threw three passes and did some stretching during the period the workout was open. Sundays workout was closed. On Wednesday, Clevelands entire practice session will be open to both local and national media members. Pettine, who was on New Yorks coaching staff when the Jets acquired celebrated quarterback Tim Tebow, is trying to contain the hype surrounding Manziel, the flashy Texas A&M quarterback Cleveland selected in the first round of the NFL draft. The Browns received push back from some national outlets upset about being denied credentials. "Were well aware of what the league rules are and well open it up to the national media this week," Pettinne said at a banquet in Akron on Monday night.dddddddddddd "I think its once a week is the policy. Were not going to go overboard with it. There will be a limited amount of time you can film and certain players will be available certain days. Thats how well go moving forward." Pettine believes too much was made of last weeks media restrictions. His objective was to keep the media to a minimum so as not to cause a distraction for his young players. "It was overblown a little bit," he said. "It was more rewarding the local media than it was punishing. The words ban and punishing, to me that was nonsense." The Browns havent always received positive media feedback, mostly because the team has been a perennial loser and there has been nearly constant turnover with the front office and coaches. Pettine knows one way to change the Browns -- and Clevelands -- national perception. "The only way well get credibility with the national media is if we win," he said. "I was more concerned about the how the hype would affect the team, and thats my primary concern is the team. Its all about football. Whether we have some national people that are upset with us, so be it. Were going to undersell and overproduce." Cheap Baseball Braves Jerseys Cheap Baseball Marlins Jerseys Cheap Baseball Mets Jerseys Cheap Baseball Phillies Jerseys Cheap Baseball Nationals Jerseys Cheap Baseball Cubs Jerseys Cheap Baseball Reds Jerseys Cheap Baseball Brewers Jerseys Cheap Baseball Pirates Jerseys Cheap Baseball Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Baseball Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Baseball Rockies Jerseys Cheap Baseball Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Baseball Padres Jerseys Cheap Baseball Giants Jerseys ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа