Интернет газета

ЗАХОДИТЕ, ПОКУПАЙТЕ, ПРОДАВАЙТЕ
Домены
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 18:29

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Northwesterns football tea
СообщениеДобавлено: 10 дек 2018, 08:52 

EVANSTON, Ill. -- When members of Northwesterns football team had the chance to sign union cards back in January, some players signed their names, others did not. Running back Venric Mark said Tuesday that he wondered if the ones who did realized the ramifications of the decision and where it would lead. "I dont know if people kind of knew what they were or if they thought it was going to turn out the way it did. But at the end of the day, now its time to get back to work. I mean, we have a job to do." Whether being a student athlete is a job is at the centre of a national debate over whether college athletes should unionize. The Wildcats resumed spring practice Tuesday for the first time after a decision from a regional labour official that cleared the way for the formation of a union, setting up Northwestern as ground zero for the effort to organize athletes. The school is appealing. Former Wildcats quarterback Kain Colter has been serving as the face of the movement. Former UCLA linebacker Ramogi Huma, the designated president of the would-be union, said last week that the scholarship players would vote within 30 days on whether to authorize the College Athletes Players Association to represent them. The pair will be in Washington on Wednesday to meet with members of Congress. For now, theres a long list of unanswered questions before the team, such as when exactly the vote would be held, whether scholarships would be counted as taxable income and how it would affect the training schedule in a "work week" for those who play on the team. Could there be a division between players who signed union cards and those who did not? And what about the teams relationship with coach Pat Fitzgerald? "It doesnt threaten anything," said Mark, who would not say whether or not he signed a union card. "Northwestern has treated us all well and we know that. And we know that it is a privilege to be here so at the end of the day were all going to support our former teammate, but we also know were here to get a degree and were also here to play football." If Fitzgerald felt he was in an awkward spot, he wasnt about to say so on Tuesday. "No. Any football questions?" he said. Fitzgerald had not addressed the ruling from a regional director of the National Labor Relations Board with the team as of Tuesday morning. He and athletic administrators had an afternoon meeting with the schools lawyers. "You know theres a lot of things that well discuss here (with the team), but from the standpoint of the way that weve operated here, Ive got full confidence in the way we run our program and the guys have been terrific and I think theyve shown the commitment to the program," Fitzgerald said. "So its no change for us." Unionization would be a huge change to the landscape. Colter believes athletes lack basic protections, such as the guarantee of medical coverage and the promise of a four-year scholarship at most institutions. Scholarships are often renewed on an annual basis, and athletes feel vulnerable as a result, particularly if theres a change in coaches or philosophy. Colter has also testified about abandoning the idea of entering a pre-med program because of the time demands Northwestern places on its football players. He has also stressed that he enjoyed his time there and has praised Fitzgerald. Defensive lineman Chance Carter said he signed a union card. But he doesnt know how the team would vote if they have to make a decision this month to form a union. "I dont know," Carter said. "Im not sure what everyones reaction is. ... A lot of us just got back in town (after spring break). Were trying to figure things out." Carter said he only read the first and last parts of an email message from Colter addressing the ruling. He did say that Colter would answer players questions and address their concerns face-to-face when he returns to campus. Carter wasnt sure exactly when that will happen. Wade Boggs Jersey . "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately. Pablo Sandoval Jersey . - After sewage backups, toilet overflows and foul smells surfaced the past two years, nothing at the Oakland Coliseum surprises the home team anymore. http://www.officialredsoxfanstore.com/a ... ox-jersey/. As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against. Fred Lynn Jersey . Its not intended to be some magical formula and doesnt apply any context, like, for example, taking injuries into account. This remedial statistical method has gone 9-5 in picks through the first three rounds. Shane Victorino Jersey . You can see all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. Chicago won two of three games during its stay at the United Center. The club began the homestand with a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on March 1 and fell to Colorado on Tuesday before posting another blowout win in Thursdays tilt against Columbus.CLEVELAND - In two seasons, Terry Francona helped turn the Cleveland Indians back into contenders.Hell get more time to make them champions.Francona and the Indians agreed Tuesday to a two-year contract extension, a deal which carries through the 2018 season and includes team options for 2019 and 2020.Financial terms of the extension were not immediately known.Francona has been worth every penny since the Indians hired him following a disastrous, 94-loss season in 2012. Hes helped reshape the teams culture, infused enthusiasm into the organization and made Cleveland a more attractive destination for free agents. Players want to play for Francona.As excited as we were on the day we hired him, were even more excited today, having the benefit of working alongside him for the last two years, said general manager Chris Antonetti, who believes Francona can help sell the Indians to free agents. If you survey the player community, Tito is as well regarded as any manager for the environment he creates in the clubhouse and how much players enjoy and respect playing for him.The Indians approached Francona about the extension late last season, and it didnt take the sides long to reach an agreement.I always wanted to be part of the solution, Francona said. I just didnt want to come for a few years and move on. That was never my goal. I wanted to come and stay.The Indians have gone 177-147 under Francona, who won two World Series titles with the Boston Red Sox. The Indians went 92-70 in Franconas first season, winning a wild-card spot and making the post-season for the first time since 2007. He was named AL manager of the year.Francona may have actually done a better job in 2014.Despite injuries, trades, a leaky defence and sub-par seasons from several key players, Francona kept the Indians in the wild-card race. He was forced at times to play several rookies, but Francona was able to mix and match lineups and he got the most out of his bullpen.The Indians finished 85-77 and dropped to third in the AL Central. However, Francona had the Indians close until the final weekend and the club finished with consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 2000-001.dddddddddddd.I think the job he did this past season was equally as good, if not better than the job he did in 2013, Antonetti said. I think that consistency in the way he approaches each day allows him to be able to maintain that success year after year.Since 2004, Franconas teams have posted 10 consecutive winning seasons. Francona has endeared himself to his players with his openness and honesty, and the man known as Tito has become popular with Cleveland fans.Franconas extension coincides with the Indians locking up several young players to long-term deals. Over the past year, the club has signed All-Star outfielder Michael Brantley, second baseman Jason Kipnis and catcher Yan Gomes to multi-year contracts, giving Francona a strong nucleus of players to build around.Were not the finished product and we know it, Francona said. Were not sitting here patting ourselves on the back. But from where we were when I first came on board to where we are now, were getting better. We still want to get a lot better, but were going in the right direction and we have some players — a core group of guys who are not only good players but exceptional people and that bodes well for us.Francona said the negotiation with Antonetti was pretty simple, once they got past an early hurdle.Chris asked me to send him a contract proposal, Francona said. I thought about it for a couple days and I emailed him and I said, Chris, before I can send you a proposal, you need to write me and tell me what Im making now because I didnt know. On one hand, thats not terribly intelligent on my part. On the other hand, I think it shows that once I sign a contract Im comfortable, I dont look back.And thats where I wanted to be with this one, too. I told him, Chris this is sort of a funny way of saying, once I sign it, I dont really care anymore. I want to do baseball.Francona has won at least 90 games seven times and managed in the playoff six times.Francona has a career record of 1,206-1,062. Hes fourth among active managers in career wins behind San Franciscos Bruce Bochy (1,618), the Los Angeles Angels Mike Scioscia (1,331) and Baltimores Buck Showalter (1,259). cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа