Интернет газета
.. The season-long battle between slalom rivals Marcel Hirscher • Интернет газета
Интернет газета

Интернет газета

ЗАХОДИТЕ, ПОКУПАЙТЕ, ПРОДАВАЙТЕ
Домены
Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 14:39

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: The season-long battle between slalom rivals Marcel Hirscher
СообщениеДобавлено: 02 июл 2019, 04:43 

Shortly before Hirscher won a World Cup night race on Tuesday http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-gardner-minshew-ii-jersey , his Norwegian rival had snowballs thrown at him by spectators during his final run.

None of the projectiles hit Kristoffersen but the Norwegian was furious as he reacted with wild arm gestures after crossing the finish.

”That was disrespectful. That was not cool at all,” said Kristoffersen, adding the incident distracted him but did not cost him the victory.

Hirscher, the Austrian six-time overall champion, built on his first-run lead to win by 0.39 seconds. In the final slalom before the Pyeongchang Olympics, he and Kristoffersen were far ahead of the field as third-place Daniel Yule of Switzerland was 2.13 seconds behind.

”I would not have beaten him even if there were no snowballs. Marcel was better today. We are in a league of our own, this battle is really great,” said the Norwegian, who beat Hirscher in a slalom in Kitzbuehel two days ago. Together they have won seven of the season’s eight World Cups in the discipline.

”One time I am ahead by a few hundredths, the next time Marcel is ahead by a few hundredths. Let’s see what happens at the Olympics,” Kristoffersen said.

Hirscher, who didn’t see the incident from the starting gate, apologized to Kristoffersen immediately after the race.

”I feel very sorry for Henrik,” said Hirscher, adding that ”99.9 percent” of the 41 Marquise Brown Jersey ,000 spectators were great fans. ”But it’s a little bit of a shame that we also have such spectators who do this.”

The incident sparked an outcry on social media, and women’s overall champion Mikaela Shiffrin said on Twitter that ”throwing snowballs or any other kind of obstruction AT racers WHILE they are skiing to throw them off is not only disgusting, but dangerous. Get a life.”

Hirscher got his ninth win of the season and 54th overall, matching Austrian great Hermann Maier’s career total. Only Swedish standout Ingemar Stenmark (86) has won more races.

”It’s unbelievable and a dream has come true. Wow,” said Hirscher, who won slalom gold at the world championships on the same hill five years ago. ”I have never skied in Schladming with so many emotions. The feelings are a bit like the worlds in 2013.”

Hirscher got the record despite breaking his ankle in the offseason and missing his entire preparation period.

”Maybe I should do that more often. Not breaking my ankle, but taking more time off,” he said.

Among the spectators was Hirscher’s close friend, motorbike rider Matthias Walkner, who had just returned from South America where he won the Dakar Rally.

”I will share a drink with Matthias tonight. It won’t get much better than this,” said Hirscher, whose win was the 500th by an Austrian man in the 51-year history of the World Cup.

Yule got his second career podium two days after finishing third in Kitzbuehel, and said ”doing this in the two temples of slalom is unbelievable.”

The men’s World Cup continues with a downhill and a giant slalom in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, this weekend.

BEREA http://www.ravensfootballauthentics.com/jaylon-ferguson-jersey-authentic , Ohio (AP) — Odell Beckham Jr.’s current part-time employment isn’t bothering the Browns.Not yet, anyway.The star wide receiver did not practice Wednesday after showing up Tuesday for Cleveland’s voluntary offseason program, ending an excused — if not questionable — monthlong absence. Beckham, who was acquired in a March trade with the New York Giants, has been open with the Browns about his plans to mostly work out on his own during the spring and summer.Still, his decision to stay on his own only enhances the knock on Beckham that he’s not team-oriented.Because the offseason training activities (OTAs) are voluntary, new Browns coach Freddie Kitchens is not upset that Beckham isn’t around. Kitchens is communicating with Beckham and remains confident the three-time Pro Bowler will be ready for the team’s mandatory minicamp in June and training camp in July.“Listen, I have never disputed the fact that it is not important for him to be here, but it is also important for him to be mentally ready to be here,” Kitchens said following practice. “I’m not giving him an out by any stretch of imagination, and nobody here knows the conversations that Odell and I have. I’m just saying it is better for him to be here when he can present his best self — emotionally, physically, everything.“Odell Beckham is going to be here in the fall, and he is going to be a good football player in the fall just like he has been.”After Tuesday’s session, Beckham posted a photo on Instagram of him catching a pass. Quarterback Baker Mayfield said it was good to have his new teammate on the field Miles Boykin Jersey , and he feels no need to try to persuade Beckham to change his routine.“You let a guy like that be him,” Mayfield said. “Everybody has their routine. Stick to what is working, and for him, obviously, it has been working for a while. He is going to do what he’s going to do. You have to trust that he is going to be there when it matters, and we know who he is.”Beckham wasn’t the only notable absence. Running back Duke Johnson remains away from the team after asking to be traded following the team’s signing of free agent Kareem Hunt.Johnson has been one of the team’s best players over the past few years, but is upset about a reduced role.Kitchens said he has talked to Johnson “a few times” and believes the versatile back will report next month. He acknowledged some frustration that two of his best players aren’t practicing.“I would be lying to say that I wasn’t disappointed that we don’t have everybody here,” he said. “I’m not going to fool you and try to trick you into saying I’m happy-go-lucky fine with it. I want everybody here because I do think it is important to be here, but it is their option.“They understand what they have to do once they come here. As long as everybody is on the same page as that, I’m fine as long as they are ready to play. Odell is going to be ready. Duke is going to be ready. All of them are going to be ready to play.”NOTES: WR Jarvis Landry did not participate in on-field drills during the workout. … The Browns presented $25,000 in hew helmets to players from Berea-Midpark High School, which is near the team’s facility. When Kitchens told the gathered players he was giving them a surprise gift, one of them asked, “Season tickets?”

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа